The Waegwoltic Club is committed to the satisfaction of all our members enrolling in our club programming. Effective, November 1st, 2016 (for all programming thereafter), participants registering and wishing to withdraw or transfer from a program or class must refer and agree to the following policies:
- All membership fees must be paid in full to register for any program.
- Registration fees must be paid in full at the time of enrolment and is accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. No spot will be held for any amount of time without payment. Partial payments or deposits will not be accepted to hold a spot.
- All Registrations are non-refundable unless:
- A program is cancelled by the Club
- A participant cannot participate due to medical reasons substantiated by a medical note from a doctor.
- Programming fees can be paid online, over the phone via credit card, or in person at the Main Office. Applying a fee for programming to a membership account is not considered as payment and cannot be used as a method of payment to secure a spot in a program or class.
- If a class is full, a waitlist option is available. There is no charge for a waitlist registration. If a position becomes available, the member will be contacted by the Main Office and given 48 hours to enrol. If the 48 hours pass without payment, the spot will be offered to the next member on the waitlist.
- Prices for programs and classes are subject to change.
- The Waegwoltic Club reserves the right to cancel programs or classes if a minimum registration number is not obtained prior to the start date. In this case, a full refund will be issued.
- All membership fees for 2017 must be paid in full or you must be registered on the payment plan before registering for any programming. Any additional outstanding fees must also be paid in full.
Cancelation and Transfer Policy
- A notice of cancellation or transfer must be received a minimum of 7 days prior to the start date of the program for a full program credit.
- Any cancellations or transfers received within 6 days of the program start date will receive a credit for the full amount, less an administrative fee of 25% of the program fee.
- Transfers that will be accommodated up to the start date without the 25% administration fee are:
- Level transfers (example: Swim Kids 1 to Swim Kids 2)
- Time slot transfers
- Transfers within a program in the same session
Safe Care and Supervision Policy
The Waegwoltic Club believes in fostering individuality, self-worth and self-esteem for all who in our care. All of our campers will be treated respectfully, listened to, and encouraged to share their perspectives, life experiences, and values.
In the event that—through the course of daily interaction with our participants—we become privy to information that could reasonably be concluded as harmful or threatening behaviour towards the well-being of a child by a parent/legal guardian/caregiver, our staff is trained to recognize and report the situation to their supervisor and, as necessary, to the appropriate child protection agency. This is not just our duty, but our responsibility under the law.
A protocol is in place to address, document and report emergency situations (both life-threatening and non-life-threatening). All emergency situations, whether life-threatening or not, are immediately reported to a supervisor after the incident, and put into writing within an hour (examples: lost child; injury).
Vunerable Sector (VS) police checks are conducted for any staff that comes in contact with children at The Waegwoltic Club.
The Waegwoltic Club policies regarding child safety follow the guiding principles outlined in “Quest 1” of HIGH FIVE®’s quality standard for children’s sport and recreation. Founded by Parks & Recreation Ontario, HIGH FIVE® provides policy guidelines that ensure that your child's experience with sport and recreation will be safe, properly-supervised, and age-appropriate. It also ensures your child will have a positive experience and leave the program smiling.
For more information about HIGH FIVE®, visit www.highfive.org. For more information about our Safe Care and Supervision Policy, please contact Katelyn Matheson, our Programming Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.