|CLICK HERE for our 2018 Summer Camp Guide!|
Stay tuned for our 2019 Summer Camp Guide and dates!
For more information on our programs and registration, contact Program Manager Katelyn Matheson at email@example.com or at 902.429.2822 (ext. 2).
Have a child in camp this year? Each spring, we publish a new "Camper Parent Guide" to keep parents informed about what to expect. Below is our 2018 version! The countdown begins!
Waegwoltic Day Camp!
Mon – Fri | 8:30am - 4:30pm | ages 5-11
What better location for your kids to spend the endless days of summer? Soak up the best that The Waeg has to offer at our full day summer camp! Drop your children off in the morning, pick them up at the end of the day, and we’ll take care of the rest!
Our complimentary early drop-off and late pick-up, in-house lunch plan options, and add-on swimming and tennis lessons are just some of the perks that make our summer camp programming the best offering in Halifax.
There is a true sense of family and belonging that is fostered through the welcoming, generous nature amongst the campers and counselors at The Waeg. Each day, your child has the chance to make new friends and new memories. That’s what summer camp at the Wage is all about!
Check out our 2018 Summer Camp Guide
High Five® Accreditation
We are pleased to announce that The Waegwoltic’s Summer Camp and program offerings are now registered as a HIGH FIVE organization. HIGH FIVE' is Canada’s quality standard for children’s programming and ensures that your child's experience with sport and recreation will be safe, properly-supervised, and age-appropriate. It also ensures your child will have a positive experience and leave the program smiling. We train all staff in HIGH FIVE ‘s Principles of Healthy Child Development, ensuring that all sport and recreation practitioners develop a high level of knowledge and expertise in child development.
For more information about HIGH FIVE, visit www.highfive.org, or contact Katelyn Matheson, our Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Camp Waegwoltic runs from 8:30am - 4:30pm.
- Early drop-off from 8am
- Late pickup until 5:30pm.
- Camps run for children ages 5-11.
- Groups will be broken down into age appropriate categories.
- Capacity for all Waeg camps is 70 children/week.
- Camp ratio for children to counselors is 10:1.
- Membership fees must be paid in full prior to registration.
- Members must pay in full at the time of registration, online or in person. Payment can be made with cash, credit, Visa, MasterCard, or debit. No spot will be held for any amount of time without payment.
- Refund Policy: To register, you must read and agree to the Waegwoltic Club’s registration policies regarding cancelations and refund, a copy of which can be found at the end of this document. Once you sign-in to register, you will be prompted to agree.
- If you are registering in-house, you will be required to sign a policy document.
We're very excited for the return of our popular Junior Counsellor Program. This program is a volunteer opportunity aimed at helping young adults gain valuable work-related experience and leadership skills in a recreational environment.
Participants will build on self-esteem, work-ethic, and a range of skills that can be applied to future education and job experiences. All Junior Counsellors are expected to enroll in 2 weeks of the program over the course of the summer. All applicants will be accepted to the program, and we will do our best to accommodate busy summer schedules.
To apply, download and submit (to email@example.com) our Jr. Counsellor Application.