|Click here to view our 2017 Summer Camp Guide|
Sailing Pre-registration: Feb 7th
(for Waeg Returning Sailors only)
Sailing Registration: Feb 14th
ALL Camps & Regular Programming: Mar 23rd
Summer Session 1: July 3rd
Summer Session 2: July 17th
Summer Session 3: July 31th
Summer Session 4: Aug 14th
Have a child in camp this year? Check out our:
Waegwoltic Day Camp 2017!
Mon – Fri | 8:30am - 4:30pm | ages 5-11
What better location for your kids to spend the endless days of summer? Soak up the best that The Waeg has to offer at our full day summer camp! Building on the successes of 2016, The Waeg is looking forward to offering full-day camps for kids from Monday to Friday. Drop your children off in the morning, pick them up at the end of the day, and we’ll take care of the rest!
Our complimentary early drop-off and late pick-up, in-house lunch plan options, and add-on swimming and tennis lessons are just some of the perks that make our summer camp programming the best offering in Halifax.
There is a true sense of family and belonging that is fostered through the welcoming, generous nature amongst the campers and counselors at The Waeg. Each day, your child has the chance to make new friends and new memories. That’s what summer camp at the Wage is all about!
For more information, check out our 2017 SUMMER CAMP GUIDE.
Camp Summer Loyalty Program
The Waegwoltic Club has established a Summer Camp Loyalty Program to ensure members who choose our camp each year get advance opportunity to register their children for the upcoming summer. We hope this will take the stress out of summer planning and add to your overall camp experience.
High Five® Accreditation
We are pleased to announce that The Waegwoltic’s Summer Camp and program offerings are now registered as a HIGH FIVE organization. HIGH FIVE' is Canada’s quality standard for children’s programming and ensures that your child's experience with sport and recreation will be safe, properly-supervised, and age-appropriate. It also ensures your child will have a positive experience and leave the program smiling. We train all staff in HIGH FIVE ‘s Principles of Healthy Child Development, ensuring that all sport and recreation practitioners develop a high level of knowledge and expertise in child development.
For more information about HIGH FIVE, visit www.highfive.org, or contact Katelyn Matheson, our Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We offer 11 weeks of camp: June 19th to September 1st, 2017.
- Camp Waegwoltic runs from 8:30am - 4:30pm.
- Early drop-off from 8am, free of charge.
- Late pickup until 5:30pm, free of charge.
- Camps run for children ages 5-11.
- Groups will be broken down into ages 5-7 and ages 8r11.
- Capacity for all Waeg camps is 60 children/week.
- Camp ratio for children to counselors is 10:1.
- Membership fees must be paid in full prior to registration.
- Members must pay in full at the time of registration, online or in person. Payment can be made with cash, credit, Visa, MasterCard, or debit. No spot will be held for any amount of time without payment. $210 per week
- Lunch Plan: $50 per week (optional)
- Refund Policy: To register, you must read and agree to the Waegwoltic Club’s registration policies regarding cancelations and refund, a copy of which can be found at the end of this document. Once you sign-in to register, you will be prompted to agree.
- If you are registering in-house, you will be required to sign a policy document.
We're very excited for this summer's new Junior Counsellor Program. This program is a volunteer opportunity aimed at helping young adults gain valuable work-related experience and leadership skills in a recreational environment.
Participants will build on self-esteem, work-ethic, and a range of skills that can be applied to future education and job experiences. All Junior Counsellors are expected to enroll in 2 weeks of the program over the course of the summer. All applicants will be accepted to the program, and we will do our best to accommodate busy summer schedules.